Irish Distillers Limited (“IDL”) uses “cookies” to help us remember details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to technical information about your visit e.g. traffic data, location data, your IP address, the previous website from which you reached us and the type of browser you use. Accordingly, our Privacy Statement will apply to our treatment of the information we obtain via our cookies.
A cookie is a small data file implanted by our Site on your device (e.g. your phone or your computer) which collects information including your personal information about you. For example, a cookie could allow the Site to recognize your browser, while another could store your preferences and other information to enable you to navigate the Site effectively. Cookies can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Types of Cookies Used on the Site
IDL may place our cookies on your device via the Site. Accordingly, our Privacy Statement will apply to our treatment of the information obtained by us via our cookies. We may also allow out business partners to place cookies on your device.
The following are the various types of cookies used on the Site.
- Necessary Cookies
- These cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate the Sites and use the Sites’ features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like online shopping, cannot be provided.
- Cookie Names:
- “ageset”: User’s age, in years e.g. “38”. Determined by date of birth chosen in the age gate or provided by Facebook login.
- “ageverified”: Has the user filled in the Age Gate (possible values: “true” or “false”.
- “countrycode”: Sourced from country based on IP Check e.g. “GB”.
- “dob”: Populated by user choice in age gate drop down or Facebook DOB info via Graph API. Format: e.g “YYY-MM-DD” (year-month-day).
- “selected_country”: Country, based on user selection at age gate e.g. “VN”.
- Functionality Cookies
- These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make (such as your preferred language or your region) and provide more personal features. These cookies can also be used to monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Site, so that we can improve and optimize it.
- Upon obtaining your consent, we may place a cookie on the Site to remember your preferences so that you do not need to re-enter your details (country/age and language preferences) on our gateway page every time you want to access the Site. If you share your computer with another person, opting into the use of this cookie will not be suitable.
- We may also use session cookies, which are temporary cookies that aid your navigation through the pages on the Site, and will remember preferences you have selected during the session. These cookies expire once you close your browser.
- Performance Cookies
- These cookies collect information about how you use the Site, for instance which pages of the Site you most often use. The information collected by these cookies does not identify you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- We use Google Analytics to help monitor and analyse use of the Site. Google Analytics is a type of performance cookie which collects standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information collected by this cookie is transmitted to Google who then used it to evaluate visitors’ use of the Site and to compile statistical reports on Site activity. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How to Manage and Disable Cookies
Changes to this Cookie Statement
We can change this Cookie Statement at any time. If we make material changes to the Cookie Statement, we will let you know either by posting the changed Cookie Statement on the Site or by sending you an email.
It’s important that you review the changed Cookie Statement. If you do not wish to agree to the changed Cookie Statement, then we cannot continue to provide the Site to you, and your only option is to stop accessing the Site and deactivate your IDL account.
For more information on cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org